Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tot School (19 months)

~ Bee is 19 months!
 This week has been a very productive one as far as tot school is concerned! Which is a miracle considering we went to Six Flags too!  In these two pictures Bee is playing with his new cutting toy by Melisa and Doug. I found this brand new at a consignment sale and am so happy I bought it. Bee LOVES cutting the food and pretending to eat it! He's been really into pretend play lately which is a HUGE developmental milestone!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 This is Bee's latest Sensory Bin! Right now it is mainly Easter things but will eventually be turned into the Spring Bin.  As you can see Bee had a great time making an absolute MESS of my living room. He liked scooping out the eggs, opening them, pulling out all the grass, getting in the bin, throwing the grass, finding all the animal hidden in the bin, and finally (in the end) helping Mommy pick up every piece of grass on our SHAG carpet!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I feel this week we've finally made some progress on a number or different skills! Bee has FINALLY started stacking his circles, octagons, and squares on different pegs some of the times! He doesn't do it all the time yet but he is definitely getting there so we've been making an effort to play with his stacker a lot and I'm making a huge effort to really use a lot of helpful vocabulary for him while we're doing it.  He's also started stacking his blocks on his own during his independent play. He's been able to stack blocks for a long time but not until recently would just do it without prompting. So that is pretty cool!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 As mentioned we've been making a lot of progress this week.  That includes in the area of our felt board.  With Humpty Dumpty, Fidgety Fish/Ocean Friends/ and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Bee is now able to grab the correct pieces from a pile (most of the time) when we are reading about that piece in the story.  He then either plays with it a little bit (as seen above in the right hand picture where he is sweeping the mouse) or puts it immediately on the felt board.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally this week we've been working a lot on different shapes. I realized the other day Bee knows not only circle but also heart, star, and triangle/rectangle (sometimes).  This knowledge came unexpectedly when Bee pointed to shapes on my clothing and told me they were hearts and stars. AND HE WAS RIGHT!! So naturally I decided it's time to really work with him on shapes! So I made a tot pack which I will blog about separately.  In this picture Bee and Daddy are talking about shapes before Daddy left for work. It is my favorite from this week!

As always, check out what other tots are doing in their tot schools!
Tot School

1 comment: