This is the beginning of Bee's Shapes Tot Pack (click the image to download PDF). I've only made things and added things made by others that Bee can currently do and use but there are so many other great shapes resources out there that could be easily used too. Here is what we've done...
First things first we have a shape train! Bee loves trains so I figured why not make each car carry a shape. I've only cut out the yellow shapes for right now and once he knows what all the shapes are and how to match them correctly I'll cut out the other colors as well. This way it isn't too overwhelming to start with. The idea being that he adds the shapes to the appropriate train car. : )
Next we have the shape matching on other images. This idea I actually borrowed from First-School. This site has several pages made just like mine. I however found these cute clip art images for pictures Bee already knew so that the shapes would really be the new item. Bee chooses which of the four he wants to use and then matches the shapes (with much prompting because he mainly knows circle, heart, and star).
Finally I printed the shape puzzles from Confessions of a Homeschooler. Bee's still not very interested in puzzles so right now I put them together and we just talk about what shapes they are. Nothing too crazy but I'm going to keep them available to him!
There are so many other great shape activities out there and as Bee's interest and ability increase I'll add more activities to his tot pack. Hope you all enjoy. Please leave a comment if you use my PDF during your tot school time!


No comments:
Post a Comment