Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

HSV Garden Challenge Update

Our garden has not come as far along as I would have liked! I don't think planters will end up being made as we are really BUSY and expecting a new addition in a MONTH.  We also planted out cherry tomato seed about three weeks ago and the little sprouts that popped up have DIED! :'(

But we have a lot of rhubarb popping up in our outside pots as well as daffodils, tulips, and a hyacinth blooming. : )  In our front yard ALL of our plants have started growing (that includes 20 or so plants.) 

Our little Bee is loving anytime he gets to water the plants! We've also done several other activities involving plants.  We are using the matching cards created by Homeschool Creations to aide our learning of garden vocabulary. 

I also saw a great idea on The Adventures of Bear on how to create perpetual celery! I'm really looking forward to trying that and getting celery growing for my little man! 

This is the only picture I have showing our Garden's progress! It was taken during Bee's Backyard Egg Hunt.  From left to right this picture shows our awesome rhubarb, some tulips, daffodils, and a hyacinth (blends in with Bee's leg).  I haven't taken a pic of the front yard but I'll work on that for the next update. Bee typically works with the pots in the backyard anyway.  I will also work on getting pics using the Garden Pack matching cards. 

Great Gardening Friends!


3 comments:

  1. The celery idea is awesome, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! So jealous of your rhubarb and daffodils! Way to go on getting any gardening done while pregnant! Extra stars for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with how much you've got going in pots--exspecially since you are expecting so soon.

    ReplyDelete