Hey... I just added your blog to my reader. My son JJ will be 15 months on the 10th of March so it is good to see a few teeny tots around his age on the tot school role. You commented on my blog earlier... The Little JJ that could.
To answer your question, We don't let JJ watch TV (don't have one in our house) and he only ever get to use the laptop to skype to my family on the other side of the world. However when he had a bad belly bug he got a treat and I would put in an educational DVD. He watched it once a day, and he loved it. It was a great distraction for him. Something like this might work for you when you aren't feeling well and have lost your voice. Also there is a great website called www.starfall.com. It is a great way to introduce letters and sounds if that is what you are into.
I have heard of starfall and just recently started showing it to Bee a couple of times a week. I think I might begin introducing ABCs to him soon. I've seen some great ideas in the tot school blogs. When we were sick the last hour of the day (THE HARDEST) was when we would sit down and watch a movie or show. We also don't watch a lot of tv. Maybe twice a week in the evenings if it's been a particularly LONG day! Look forward to reading more on you blog!
Hey... I just added your blog to my reader. My son JJ will be 15 months on the 10th of March so it is good to see a few teeny tots around his age on the tot school role. You commented on my blog earlier... The Little JJ that could.
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question,
We don't let JJ watch TV (don't have one in our house) and he only ever get to use the laptop to skype to my family on the other side of the world. However when he had a bad belly bug he got a treat and I would put in an educational DVD. He watched it once a day, and he loved it. It was a great distraction for him. Something like this might work for you when you aren't feeling well and have lost your voice. Also there is a great website called www.starfall.com. It is a great way to introduce letters and sounds if that is what you are into.
I have heard of starfall and just recently started showing it to Bee a couple of times a week. I think I might begin introducing ABCs to him soon. I've seen some great ideas in the tot school blogs. When we were sick the last hour of the day (THE HARDEST) was when we would sit down and watch a movie or show. We also don't watch a lot of tv. Maybe twice a week in the evenings if it's been a particularly LONG day! Look forward to reading more on you blog!
ReplyDelete