Tot School:
This was our first week attempting to do Tot School. I was very excited to start and as the week progressed Bee was more and more interested everyday. Day 1 we couldn't make it through the whole hour without getting sidetracked A LOT!
This week we introduced Bee too animal and transportation beads. I was hoping we could start learning our colors and that he would be interested in sorting them. I believe this is too advanced for our little Bee right now so instead this week we worked on naming and scooping our beads. He is very good at naming airplanes, helicopters, cars, and boats. We are still working on the naming the animals and the remaining vehicle shapes, like boat.
We have also been working on counting, throwing and naming colors using our multi-color balls. Bee is mostly interested in using them in our laundry basket or our ball pit.
Bee has been very interested lately on riding his lion toy around the house. He also enjoys using this toy to practice his concepts of push and pull.
We have also been introducing aspects of Valentine's Day into our play this week. In this activity we painted with colored glue and then stuck sweethearts onto our Valentines.
Another new activity that we introduced this week is playing with our felt board. In this specific picture we were reciting Humpty Dumpty. We've also started sorting shapes using our felt board. The Humpty Dumpty template was downloaded from http://kizclub.com/nursery.htm.
This week we also introduced Bee to his "first word" flash cards. He wasn't really interested in them this week but he did enjoy looking at the pictures and pushing them around briefly.
During the week Bee and I go to Gymboree. While at Gymboree, Bee has difficulty with the parachute activity. So far Bee is uncomfortable with parachute time so this week we started parachuting our teddy bear to help him become more comfortable at Gymboree! Working like this was a SUCCESS and this week Bee was excellent at Gymboree!
Out of the House learning:
Bowling at a friend's birthday party.
Trip to the park. working on concept of over and under. Bee was over the slide and went under daddy's legs.
Our final activity this week was at a local business called Bouncerz where we worked on sliding, jumping and balance in bounce houses. : )
This weeks books:
VALENTINE THEME:
Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton
How Do I Love You by Marion Dane Bauer
Happy Valentine's Day, Little Critter by Mercer Mayer
Love is a Handful of Honey by Giles Andreae and Vanessa Cabban
Kisses by Nanda Roep and Marijke ten Cate
OTHER:
Fidgety Fish and Friends by Paul Bright



I LOVE your big felt board. I made a little cheapy one for my kids and I have been meaning to make a bigger one...someday soon.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogosphere...its great!
It was actually really easy to make. I just used a thick poster board that was about 20 x 30 and sprayed it with spray adhesive (you can get at your local craft store for sure) and then wrapped the felt around the board! : )
ReplyDeleteWow, you guys are off to a great start! The laundry basket is also a very popular play thing in my house! My little one is just a little older than yours if you'd like to take a peak at our tot school post: http://naturalranchfamily.blogspot.com/2011/02/real-live-tot-school.html
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week. I love your felt board activities and the way you personalized it for Bee. Keep the good job. Hugs. Ewa
ReplyDeleteI love your felt board stories... Now, I will have to do our own felt board!
ReplyDeleteGreetings from the north,
PaniTanguera