Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tot School (17 months)

~Bee is 17 months old.

Tot School:
This week we've had a wonderful time focusing on transportation. I made a tot pack that we worked with, we read a lot of books involving transportation and even played with Bee's vehicles all week!

Bee continues to be very interested in his transportation and animal beads.  These were scooped and poured between many containers and into egg cartons many times!
In this picture Bee is coloring his school bus yellow. We don't know our colors yet but with more work like this we'll know them soon, I'm sure!
Bee matching his transportation cars. We have a boat, helicopter, car, train, and airplane. At the beginning of the week he wouldn't do anything but throw them but by the end of the week he was matching the correct cards and handing me whichever cards I asked for. : )
This is a new activity I saw on The Adventures of Bear.  Bee did great at it and would pour them out and put them back in over and over again for about twenty minutes! Which in my book is a HIT! We have stated counting the toothpicks as he puts them in the container to try and work on our numbers as well as our fine motor. 
I also borrowed this idea from The Adventures of Bear.  The first time he did this all he really cared about was throwing the checkers. But since then Bee and Daddy have played a nice "game" of connect four and actually got most of the checkers in the board!!
Continuing with our transportation them this week we did a construction paper art project.  This was Bee's first experience with glue so I was pretty impressed.  A little hand over hand got the pieces in the right spot but this week we'll practice again when we make a construction paper cake for Dr. Seuss' birthday!
Bee admiring the final product. : )
During meal times we have been giving Bee a spoon or fork for each meal and encouraging him to use them as much as he can when eating! This morning in particular Bee scooped most of his pancakes into his mouth using his fork. I was so impressed!!
A first this week also was playing with stickers. I found some Tonka stickers at our local dollar store and we decorated our Transportation Tot Pack with them. Bee had a lot of fun.  Some of the stickers went on over others but no big deal right. 
Finally, this was my favorite picture this week. Bee loves playing with my oven mitts. Really doing anything cooking related. In this picture he was using the mitt to pick up toys and put them in an old mayo jar.

This Weeks Books:

Transportation Theme:
The Pigeon Loves Things that Go by Mo Willems
What am I by Little Scholastic
The Wheels on the Bus by Kate Toms
Alphabeep by Debora Pearson

Tot School

No comments:

Post a Comment