Bee has been showing more interest lately in the alphabet so we pulled out our alphabet foam puzzle and have begun singing the song more frequently. Randomly Bee will just start saying letter names so we have begun focusing on one letter a week similar to other tot schoolers out there.
This week we also continued playing with our Pom Poms (an activity Bee enjoys a lot)! The first day we played with them for 45 minutes! It was incredible. : ) We practiced picking them up, dumping them out, sweeping them, picking them out of the broom, scooping them with different sized spoons and pouring them from many different containers.
More pictures from a different day with the Pom Poms. like I said, he really enjoys these! :)
As mentioned we started introducing a letter a week or so with Bee and doing some sort of craft associated to it to make an Alphabet Book for Bee. This week's letter was A. We went through the slide show on Starfall. Bee really enjoys this website and playing the letter games with mommy. There is a lot of mommy help with this website but he seems to really enjoy it. We have learned to recognize the letter A (although he calls other letters A all the time too) and we also reinforced vocabulary for apple and alligator. This letter A took a lot of mommy help to place the pieces in kind of the right areas but he still had fun doing it so that is all that matters. This idea I got from fellow bloggers (here are their sites.) Mommy Life in Maine and Totally Tots.
A favorite activity of mine is cooking so naturally it's something I like to do with Bee as often as I can. These are really simple snickerdoodle cookies with no sugar or shortening in the dough (only sugar on the outside). They are also delicious and Bee had a great time sprinkling cinnamon sugar on the dough and rolling them in the cinnamon sugar. The recipe came from Food.com.
This week we brought out the felt board again to continue with some old learning and introduce a new idea from a fellow blogger. Camp Slop made a fish tank themed felt activity in conjunction with Dr. Seuss and I loved the idea so I adopted it and brought it into our room. To the left Bee is putting all the fish on top of each other. We also try sorting colored squares with our felt board but obviously still need a lot of help with that. : ) Although Bee is VERY proud and claps for himself whenever he matched any of the squares. Color doesn't really matter yet to him. Oh well, as long as he's having fun!
This is a favorite of mine from this week. Bee was crawling through his play tent/tunnel. He kept trying to hide from me!



Love that he helps you make cookies!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! It's funny how much they love those pompoms, my daughter can't get enough either.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great ABC floor puzzle, so fun!! Avery loves pompoms so we'll have to try some of those pompom activities, I think she would love sweeping them up! I so need to make a felt board, I had one in my classroom that I used all the time and Bee looks like he had so much fun with it. By the way, now you have me wanting snickerdoodles, my favorite cookies, YUM!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic week. You did so many interesting activities with Bee. I love the pom poms they are so easily converted in endless activities. I see that Bee have become a skillful helper. By the way it's great that you use every opportunity to teach Bee new vocabulary ;-). I must try your recipe with Antek. I love that it's suger free;-). Have a beautiful week ;-) Love.
ReplyDeleteEwa